Wednesday, March 9, 2011

desire

i hurt
with my wanting
of you

a pain i welcome
a pain i treasure
a pain i rock deep
into my soul

my desire for you
is not pure
is not an immaculate sheet
is not just made of light
it’s raw and harsh and demanding
it’s gritty and unbearably sharp
it’s hot lava out of control

i ride these waves
roll and am ambushed
rocked and shocked
consumed and drunk to the dregs

i feel like a punchy drunk
all my bearings disappeared
you smash me
out of the ballpark

does this ever stop
how can i stop
do i want to
do i want to stop wanting you

no

i reach out for more
with both hands
with heart bared
with trembling need
with eyes wide open
with blurred brain

this liquid ache
ache ache ache
oh darling creature of tempting flesh
you reduce me
to this,
you do.

***

4 comments:

Mystress Lady Evyl said...

just stunning this work my dear friend!

Angel said...

@Mystress Lady Evyl:

Thank you for the lovely compliment, my dear!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Angel :)

finbar said...

really enjoyed this one.
i found it very raw and intense, i like that, and the lack of purity is very erotic.

just loved the last lines,
"this liquid ache
ache ache ache
oh darling creature of tempting flesh
you reduce me
to this,
you do."

that tempting flesh, it does it every time.!!

always enjoy reading you.

finbar.

Angel said...

@finbar:

Yes, this one was deliberately uneven, crooked, and filled with unexpectedly sharp conrners. The jarring nature of desire as it is, scarred and all. It's what is so hypnotic about desire, that nature.

It's funny that you loved the bit with "oh darling creature of tempting flesh" in it. I had a love-hate relationship with it, and in the end the tempting flesh won. :)

I treasure your comments and your verse, as well.

Angel :)